Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Was that you?

When my daughter was 2 days old my husband and I were watching her sleep in her crib, talking about how cute she was, how luck we were and how tired we were. As we were watching we heard a very distinctive fart coming from the crib. We looked at each other, looked at our daughter and laughed. Who would have thought someone so small could make a sound that loud? Just one of the many things I had not thought about in life prior to baby.

Over the next 5 months we have enjoyed many laughs at the volume of her digestive track, however what happened yesterday will haunt her forever. My husband  and I purchased an entertainment center over the weekend. It was delivered Monday and as I watched the deliverymen assemble it, Morgan in my arms, I heard the unmistakably loud sound of someone passing gas. As I shook my head and smiled in embarrassed amazement at my daughter, the deliverymen looked at each other and smirked. In horror I realized they thought I was the flatulent party.

To the amusement of the deliverymen, she continued to preform and then giggled after each sound. After the second episode I decided any attempt to comment would look like I was blaming the baby for my own actions so I just ignored it and spent the next 10 minutes wishing they would just hurry up and get out of the house. Now I must find an online site that can make a t shirt stating "My baby farted, not me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment